Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Tot School - Just at the Beginning

(Mouse is 34 mths old.)

Over the last few weeks, I took some steps to rearrange the furniture for more conducive studying and sleeping areas. Some rooms have been repurposed, so that instead of one room for each child (which was wrong from the very beginning because they just don't keep their own rooms tidy since it's "their" room). It's still work in progress but by the end of it, hopefully, we will have a dedicated schoolroom-cum-playroom and a "children's bedroom".

For today, we started school with pompom scooping. I got a few packs of different sized pompoms from Daiso.


He very obediently helped me to keep the pompoms before we did the next activity, which was line tracing. I used a few tracing pages from Homeschool Creations' Angry Birds Tot Pack and the Transportation Pack. He needed me to hold and guide his hand at first, but after a bit he took off on his own. Here he is doing the page he likes best d:)


Last of all, we took out his Thomas Tot Book to do some colouring. I haven't exposed this boy much to drawing and colouring, so now that we're starting school in earnest (well, kinda), I want to encourage him to enjoy the feeling of such activities. He's using some jumbo crayons, and still gripping it his own way, but this is fine with me. I'm not too concerned about the gripping position yet.


I had more planned after this but I think someone wanted to get some action so we came out to the living room for some ball tossing and kicking d:) 

Ding ding! School is dismissed.

No comments:

Post a Comment