Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Tot School

For today's lesson, we focused on A. 

I took out an old set of Apple matching cards I printed long long ago from 2 Teaching Mommies for him to match up. The set looks odd because I happened to print these out at a time when my printer cartridge was really low on red ink so what should have been dark red, pink, yellow and green apples came out as various shades of red/pink plus one set of blue. To make the pairs more obvious, I stuck some star stickers on some of them. He got them right away d:)

Matching up the apple pairs

There is also an Apple Colours mini book in the same Apple Tot Pack which he enjoyed colouring with his special Faber Castell crayons.

Subsequently, I took out some Letter A activities from 1+1+1=1 for him to colour and draw with a whiteboard marker. We covered A is for Apple, Aeroplane, Angry Birds. As he traced, I kept stressing the "A" sound to him. Ack, forgot to take a pic.

Up next was puzzle time - we have a number of Melissa & Doug basic puzzles which he worked on, while I pointed out the different types of cars or colours etc. After he was done, the cheeky kid started mixing up the doors on purpose, trying to ensure all the vehicles had the wrong door d:)




There are TONS of apple activities out there! I intend to go through them slowly, just picking whatever catches my fancy for him to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment