Sunday, May 17, 2015

K1 Term Two Week Eight

Phew... Now that exams are over, I feel rather drained but much lighter. Here's what we covered this week.

English Literacy

We jumped to Unit 10 and Unit 15 of the You Can Read series as most of his well-loved books have these words in them. That's one thing I like about this series - you do not have to do do them in order.


Math

Revision on number of sides in each shape.


I also found some free number Join The Dot pages for him to do.


Chinese Literacy

This is a Chinese reader from RM's kindy days. Mouse has been reading it with us since he was three so he has memorised most of the storyline. I brought it to the next level by preparing some sentence strips for the pocket chart.



New Daily pages! One of which is also an extension of the unit.



Other Stuff

I'm so glad this boy has taken to Legos, unlike his older brother. He actually started playing with loads more after we sorted all our Legos by colour. Currently, his favourite builds are guns (gasp) and spaceships.


And the holidays beckon! I intend to school him for a couple of weeks into the June hols to make up for the time that I wasted earlier this year. However, we shall have to wait and see because in the past, whenever his siblings were around due to illness or whatever, he was unwilling to do school.

No comments:

Post a Comment