Sunday, May 10, 2015

K1 Term Two Week Seven

Not much time to blog. Intense revision for RM's exams! Stress stress stress!

English Literacy

We move on with Unit 9 of You Can Read from 1+1+1=1 as well as the -OP family unit. He actually knows how to pronounce "op" already, thanks to our copy of Dr Seuss' Hop On Pop (that taught our three children how to begin reading), but I figured it would be good to squeeze in some writing practice and reinforcement.

Writing practice
Word building with bottle caps - what a priceless face!
Math

Surprisingly, we covered lots of Math this week. Beginning with Ordinal Numbers reinforcement, he worked on some printables from Activity Village UK.

Ordinal numbers tracing and colouring

Ordinal number puzzle

Addition: Domino Math worksheet that he first did two weeks ago. I have to look for other printables or activities because he's getting rather tired of using the same few ones over and over again.


Skip counting: I'm really thankful that he's caught onto the idea of skip counting (we call it "counting by twos, fives, etc). He's even able to identify it on his own in random things we come across, such as block numbers and posters. This Hundred Board is from Primary Junction. The page also teaches you HOW to teach children skip counting and the free printable includes many types of activities.


Even / Odd Numbers: From here, we moved on to even and odd numbers. After counting by 2s (using transparent counters to mark the numbers), I gave him some glass beads and had him mark the other numbers. Then he learnt that numbers ending with 1,3,5,7 or 9 are odd numbers.


Chinese Literacy

I added a new sheet in his Daily Notebook under the Chinese section - his Chinese name writing practice.


I also made some pocket chart printables for things we see in the sky for him to learn. I intend to expand this into a mini Thematic Unit, but will have to find time for it later (after exams).


Other Stuff

Out of the blue one day, he asked me for his Sensory Bin to play with. That's been put aside for some time on a high shelf (out of sight and out of his mind, I was hoping), but since I was preoccupied with tutoring RM I thought that would help to keep him busy. And it did! For more than an hour, and that's saying a LOT. Although I had to do quite a bit of cleaning up after him.



No comments:

Post a Comment