Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tot School

I finally got my Tot Trays! Since I decided to go this way (workboxes will maybe come in Kindy stage), I have been on the lookout the past few weeks for cheap, colourful trays that will work for us. There were some trays at IKEA but the smallest ones were square but still too big, and the cost was way beyond justification if I wanted to get at least 4.

Then yesterday I went to Daiso to look for small whiteboard dusters (they were out of stock) and happened to see these.


The colours aren't solid but I think they'll work for me. There's one more solid white tray from a different section, and for only $2 each, I think they're perfect. Just the right size (roughly A4) and not too heavy for Mouse to carry (with stuff on them). I laid out all the materials on the trays and let him decide which one he wanted to do first.

Lacing wooden beads
We pointed out the shapes and colours of each bead as he threaded them on. He's pretty competent at this. After stringing all the beads on, he put the string round his neck like a necklace. Then he decided to stack them. I encouraged him to put the tray back from where he took it. Hope this becomes SOP for him from now on.

 
Wooden beads become building blocks
Next up, he took the wooden pegs. I helped him to grip and press the pegs open to clip onto the cards. "Clip the Shutterbugs". The Shutterbug cards are from the Special Agent Oso Tot Book I created.

Clipping wooden clothes pegs to cards
Lastly, he brought the koala pasta over and practised transferring the pasta with a new pair of tongs, also from Daiso (love that store!). Along the way, he cheated by using his hands to grab a whole bunch d:) Then he also poured the pasta from cup to cup.

Transferring pasta with tongs
That was it for today. I hope to add more trays but have to find a shelf system which can accommodate 6 trays or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment