Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tot School - Letter Ff

Mouse is 3 years old.

Letter Ff activities

We sang Old Macdonald Had A Farm and taught him Farmer In The Dell.

Dot Paint sheet from COAH, but we are using a round stamp and inkpad instead. (Boy would I love to get my hands on a set of Do A Dot markers!)


I found a lot of Farm Tot/Preschool packs from CreativePreschoolResources as well as 3Dinosaurs (they are using the same graphics) so I picked what I felt was suitable for Mouse and left the rest for when he is older. Here he is putting up his coloured barns on the pocket chart.


Takoyaki and Roast Meat were tasked by me to help Mouse build a farm out of Duplo bricks, Playmobil figures and whatever else they could think of. The fence was my contribution - it's an adjustable drawer divider from Daiso that was keeping my ladles from meeting my can opener and graters d:)


More farm role playing - I recently acquired this paper cardboard box which is made out of different sized smaller boxes, and I showed him that we could stack them up to create a kind of dolls' farmhouse. Here he is placing the various figures and animals into the different rooms of the farmhouse. You'll find many animals that do NOT belong on a farm, haha!


Non-Farm activities

Strangely, the moment he saw the different compartments, he immediately started to sort our marble collection into it. We have christened it our Sorting Box d:)

Sorting marbles into the Sorting Box
Playing at cooking and making bentos.


Stacking fruits and veggies.


Threading alphabet beads to make a bracelet. This activity was too difficult for his little hands as the beads were stiff and had holes all over so he wasn't sure which hole to push the bracelet through. We'll try again when he's a little older and is more dexterous.


No comments:

Post a Comment