Sunday, April 19, 2015

K1 Term Two Week Four

English Literacy

We are moving along faster now with the You Can Read series from 1+1+1=1, and are able to complete two units in one week. Each unit takes us about two days to complete. Actually we can finish in one day, but I prefer to cover more than one subject per day, and completing the second half on another day helps to recap and reinforce the lesson.

I don't have any pics but we did Units 4 and 5 this week.

Math

Pinterest is a valuable source of ideas and resources for me in my curriculum planning, and while browsing around, I found a very interesting activity which involves rolling dice (one of Mouse's favs) and building with cubes (which I like). The original did not have a free printable so I drew one up for Mouse. Just roll two dice, add up the dots and build the corresponding number of snap cubes on the sum.


Chinese Literacy

I am using these readers from my older kids' kindergarten days (they went to a church kindy). We've been reading them together for the last couple of years, but now we're earnestly into learning I'm also drawing up some simple Literature based activities for him. To begin with, in his Daily Notebook, there are always a couple of pages of Chinese characters for him to practise. I used words that he would be familiar with from the books.

Current book

And here he is sequencing the story on our pocket chart with the word cards.


Here are this week's character writing practise sheets.



No comments:

Post a Comment