Saturday, September 15, 2012

Preparation for homeschooling

I know it's still a long way since he just turned two, but I like knowing that I have lots of time to browse, plan, print, hoard and buy materials to prepare for lessons perhaps one year down the road (or maybe even later).

I'm currently going through Homeschool Creations, trying to get a feel of how to plan lessons etc. But phew, I am still very much lost. Also, after going through part of Angela's ParentingJoy site, I have also started designing some Chinese materials which I hope I can start earlier than proper English stuff, since we are speaking Cantonese (me and him). It has occurred to me that I will have to decide which language I want to speak in when I begin teaching, but I honestly believe that by then he will have picked up enough English from his Dad, Gajie and Gorgor to begin formal lessons.

And Gorgor will have formal exams for the first time in his life! P2 SA2, before this he has only ever had mini tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment